School Funding & Scholarships
The workplace of Financial help and Scholarships reports into the Vice Provost for Enrollment Management which include the next units that are functional workplace of Undergraduate Admissions, school funding and Scholarships, scholar Ideas Systems and also the workplace regarding the University Registrar.
The University of Kansas workplace of Financial cashusaadvance.net review help and Scholarships (FAS) acts pupils, families, therefore the community by giving federal, state, and institutional educational funding information and resources to aid pupils in achieving their academic objectives. FAS is dedicated to quality that is providing help solutions to its constituents while keeping accountability when you look at the administration of general general public, institutional, and private educational funding funds. Services are created to offer the academic goals for the student that is individual the objectives for the college while they relate solely to retention and graduation.
This place is crucial in administering education loan, work-study, and give programs. These duties need strong social abilities, focus on information plus the capacity to make use of a diverse pupil populace, in addition to an aptitude for administering school funding programs to make sure conformity along with Federal Title IV laws. The employees user in this place must effectively administer educational funding programs in help of y our objective to make certain access and help development and gratification of our pupils.
Job definition 40% Coordination of most Loan Programs
- Must keep knowledge that is strong of loan laws to make certain conformity and defenses for the University’s fiduciary obligations to both pupils and our campus lovers.
- Oversees the daily processing of Direct Loans and personal loans.
- Insures conformity by reviewing daily/weekly loan reports to examine and resolve pupil degree dilemmas surrounding yearly and aggregate loan restrictions, NSLDS checklists, along with other eligibility problems.
- Executes month-to-month reconciliation of Direct Loan programs together with scholar Suggestions Systems and Financial solutions.
- Supervises the mortgage Coordinator who manages the processing for personal and federal loans, including PLUS and Grad PLUS loans.
- Determines eligibility for loans, procedures loans, monitors alterations in eligibility, and adjusts help appropriately.
- Develops and keeps policy and procedure documents pertaining to all loan programs.
- Assesses loan processing tasks and makes suggestions for increased efficiency.
40% Work Study and Give Management:
- Administers the Federal Work-Study (FWS) system and Kansas job Work-Study (KSCWS) programs; determines eligibility and honors correctly.
- Monitors the FWS investment student and balance profits, including using the DEMIS portal and also the Oracle Analytics Cloud (OAC) to trace expenses.
- Corresponds aided by the Shared provider Center regarding FWS earnings limitations, prospective increases in prizes, and fund that is retroactive.
- Functions as the FWS liaison and provides training to campus lovers.
- In charge of keeping up-to-date with federal laws linked to FWS and developing/updating yearly policies and procedures.
- Functions as the liaison into the University profession Center within the management regarding the Kansas job Work-Study Program.
- Determines eligibility and honors the KU Global Student Tuition Grant (KUISTG). Communicates with Student Account & Receivables regarding Glacier documents conclusion and places/releases holds on reports.
- Determines eligibility and administers the Federal EDUCATE grant, including reporting and maintenance of pupil documents into the Origination that is common and system.
20% Financial Education and Provider Delivery
- Counsels potential and current pupils and families regarding school-related educational funding issues, and reacts fully to escalated inquiries, like the application and awarding process, cost management and also the securing of resources to generally meet costs.
- Reacts to complex concerns (including escalated phone phone calls and visits) from potential students, current pupils, moms and dads, campus peers as well as others regarding aid that is financial and extra money needs to attend, progress and graduate.
- Assists with outreach tasks ( e.g. FAFSA conclusion, senior school activities) to guide recruitment tasks along with KU Admissions office, along with other school funding occasions on campus for present pupils.
- Bachelor’s degree with 2 yrs appropriate experience OR Master’s degree at time of visit.
- Experience involved in school funding, scholarships, admissions, related or advising section of advanced schooling.
- Experience producing efficiencies through technology, including experience with information question and analytics.
- Exemplary interaction abilities as evidenced by the program materials and meeting procedure.
- Experience with interpreting federal regulations and developing/implementing programs to comply with those laws.
- Demonstrated strong solution distribution abilities, including dealing with a diverse populace.
- Demonstrated experience and ability in problem-solving for many different circumstances.