National Forum of women with disabilities (NFWWD)
National Forum of Women with Disabilities (NFWWD) is a National Network of Disabled Women, Disabled Persons Organizations (DPOs), like-minded governmental and non-governmental local and International organizations.
- To promote the national cooperation on women with disability related concerns through strengthening and facilitating Disabled People Organizations (DPOs) to achieve the mainstreamed implementation of the United Nation Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (UNCRPD).
- To offer expert advice, research, technical cooperation and operational assistance to the intergovernmental and non-governmental organizations and other stakeholders in order to build national capacities and facilitate international, regional and bilateral cooperation on the concerns of women with disabilities.
- To contribute to the development of Disabled People Organizations (DPOs) through research, dialogue, design and implementation of gender-related programs aimed at maximizing women with disabilities leadership.
- To be a primary reference point for women with disabilities information, research, best practices, data collection, compatibility and sharing.
- To promote, facilitate and support national debate and dialogue on rights of women with disabilities.
- To advance understanding of the opportunities and challenges faced by women with disabilities.
- To identify and develop effective policies for addressing those challenges and to identify comprehensive approaches and measures for advancing international cooperation.
NFWWD envisions a just and inclusive society, where women with disabilities live with dignity, respect, and equality.
Empowering women with disabilities through policy reforms and advocacy.