Student Internship Opportunities – Summer 2023 – US Embassy Islamabad
All – U.S Embassy Islamabad is seeking applications from qualified students to participate in the Foreign National Student Intern Program (FNSIP) for the summer of year 2023. Below is a description of the program and what it offers to students.
The purpose of the FNSIP is to offer foreign national students accepted into the program the unique opportunity of experiencing a foreign affairs work environment and ensure provision of an educational experience to the student. The internship does not offer compensation or future employment rights. Any student participating in the FNSIP is not an employee of the U.S. Mission in Pakistan, or the U.S. Department of State, or the United States Government (USG). Students’ participation is not creditable for any employment benefits.
U.S. Mission in Pakistan is an equal opportunity employer and provides a professional, supportive, and teamwork-oriented community where everyone can contribute to the mission, regardless of gender, race, or religion. In consideration of the Department’s DEIA- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Accessibility strategy, we encourage eligible and qualified individuals with disabilities and from other diverse backgrounds to apply.
Applications must be in accordance with all requirements in the attached announcement which contains detailed information about students eligibility, required documents, available internship opportunities and their description, and how to apply. Incomplete or inaccurate applications will not be considered and will be disqualified. Submissions must contain all the required documents as listed in the announcement. The deadline for receiving application will be March 8, 2023.
To be considered eligible, the prospective Student must provide the following including any certifications, licenses and proficiencies as required:
- A statement of interest written by the student. Please see the attachment or click here to download the Statement of Interest Form
- Official transcripts (attested) from the current educational institute as proof of good academic standing. Original official transcript will be required if student is selected
- Written permission addressed to the U.S. Embassy (Human Resources Office) from the educational institution to participate in the 2023 Summer FNSIP and letters of recommendation, as applicable. Original letter will be required if student is selected.
- Attested copy of National Identification card.
How To Apply
- All required documents must be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Email subject line must have section of interest e.g., “Position – Health Unit Office Intern Position