Hiring of Individual Consultant for the Accessibility Assessment Report 2023
Individual Consultant for the Accessibility Assessment Report Review and Finalization
Project: Gender Equality
Implementing Partner: Special Talent Exchange Program
Funding Organization: United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA)
The objective of the Project:
Strengthening capacity of public sector and civil society partners to advance gender equality and prevent and respond to gender-based violence in development and humanitarian settings
Time of the Consultancy: March 1, 2023 – April 30, 2023
Place of the project: Islamabad – Pakistan
Special Talent Exchange Program (STEP) is non-profit organization), works for better, more inclusive policies that adequately and systematically address the needs and rights of persons with disabilities. STEP advocates for inclusive development through strengthening the inclusion of persons with disabilities particularly focusing on women and girls with disabilities facing double discrimination, sexual harassment, and gender-based violence. STEP’s advocacy is embedded in the 2030 Agenda on Sustainable Development and its “Leave no one behind” principles, as well as in the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (UNCRPD).
Gender-based Violence (GBV) is widely recognized as a major public issues and grave violation of Human Rights, with serious consequences for the health and well-being of survivors, their children and families. Survivors of GBV need a multidisciplinary support to ensure their needs are met. Due to negative gender related norms and attitudes, women and girls (especially those with disabilities) are disproportionately affected, exacerbating existing gender inequalities and increasing the risk of GBV and abuse.
STEP, with United Nations Population Fund’s support (under the FCDO funded Aawaz II programme), aims at enhancing capacities and understanding of organization of Persons with Disabilities, Government service providers, partners and project team to better equip them with necessary skills and knowledge to address gender-based violence with respect to persons with disabilities. For this purpose, STEP has carried out accessibility assessment of key public GBV service providers in ICT, KP and Punjab and hope to hope to finalize the report to address GBV issues with special regards to persons with disabilities.
The consultancy is aimed at reviewing and finalizing the assessment report and recommendations to address gaps and barriers in the service delivery of key public GBV service providers so that the needs and concern of persons with disabilities are mainstreams within the GBV services. The finding and recommendation will be shared with shared with public GBV service providers for disability inclusion through the development of well-coordinated and well-functional law enforcement system.
The individual consultant will be closely working with STEP and UNFPA project team to carry out necessary deliverables needed to finalize the accessibility assessment report. S/he would be required to implement the activities including:
- Development of detailed timeline defining activities and sub activities,
- Review report and finalize (review of existing draft report on physical accessibility; policies, capacities and communication; and digital accessibility of the helplines),
- Coordinate for meetings necessary to discuss the contents, and
- Prepare presentation based on the recommendations.
- Develop detailed timeline for reviewing and finalization of the accessibility report along with all the required element for the assessment report.
- Prepare three briefs on the assessment findings and recommendation.
- Prepare presentations for trainings with stakeholders – key public GBV service providers
- Designing and printing of disability assessment/audit report and briefs to disseminate with relevant stakeholders
Facilitate trainings in Punjab, KP and ICT
- Summary report
Delivery dates and how work will be delivered: The Task should be completed by 30th March 2023
Key results expected and payment schedule:
- Submission of detailed work plan – 10% of total contract value by 1th February 2022
- Submission of the final reportof the accessibility assessment – 40% of the total contract value by 15th March 2023
- Submission of the final three briefs on the assessment finding and printing – 40 % of the total contract value by 25 March 2023
- Submission of the training report – 10% of the total contract value by 31st March 2023.
Required expertise and qualifications:
- An advanced degree in gender, health, social sciences or any related field is required along with 5 years of relevant work experience.
- University degree in related fields and relevant work experience of a minimum of 7 years will be considered in lieu of a Master’s degree.
- Proven strong experience in women’s inclusion and gender related policy development.
- Experience in facilitating training programmes including TOTs and working with senior government officials in disability context will be an added advantage.
- Proficiency in both spoken and written English, and Urdu.
- A good understanding and proven application of all gender aspects and other related tools and mechanisms for the realization of a gender-based approach.
- Strong knowledge of gender and development issues, operational as well as theoretical.
- Proven ability to develop organizational GBV mechanisms, guidelines and data collection tools with the aim of gender mainstreaming.
- Competency in conceptualizing, designing, develop gender-focused strategies, and evaluating outcomes.
- Demonstrated capacity in planning and implementing trainings, including the development of materials and using participatory methods.
- Supervisory arrangements, Expected Travel and Work Place
- The consultant will work under the direct supervision of the UNPFA program Analyst and project coordinator of STEP.
- The consultant will be based in STEP office, Islamabad.
- Travel requirement are within the Islamabad, Peshawar and Lahore.