Hiring of Individual Media Consultant 2023
Project: Gender Equality
Implementing Partner: Special Talent Exchange Program
Funding Organization: United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA)
Objective: The objective of the Project Establishing psychosocial support system, strengthening referral pathways with service providers and advocacy for policy reform to mitigate GBV against women with disabilities.
Time of the Consultancy: February – July 2023
Place of the project: Islamabad – Pakistan
Special Talent Exchange Program (STEP) is non-profit organization), works for better, more inclusive policies that adequately and systematically address the needs and rights of persons with disabilities. STEP advocates for disability inclusive evidence generation, laws, policies, programmes and services through strengthening the inclusion of persons with disabilities particularly focusing on women and girls with disabilities facing double discrimination, sexual harassment, and gender-based violence. STEP’s advocacy is embedded in the 2030 Agenda on Sustainable Development and its “Leave no one behind” principles, as well as in the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (UNCRPD).
The project is looking for a Media Consultant to lead communications activities including content writing, campaigns, communications material, social media and events.
Under the overall supervision of the Project Manager, the consultant will work on the following tasks
- Coordinate the implementation of the awareness campaigns
- Come up with innovative ideas to produce content for persons with disabilities including design, and production of media—video, audio, graphics and other forms of digital media.
- Handle STEP’s social media platforms, engage with followers and audiences, and analyze metrics
- Provide relevant support to organizing events including coordination and liaison with media. The consultant will also be expected to take photos and capture short videos of the event.
- Produce communication materials including brochures, flyers, and presentations that effectively communicate the project’s goals and achievements
- Liaison with local media outlets to pitch content and story ideas, and coordination of interviews and press coverage
- Dissemination of project information and materials through various channels, including the project website, email newsletters.
- Any other tasks assigned by the project leader to achieve the project objectives
The Media Consultant will be supervised by the Project Manager to coordinate the implementation of the project. The Consultant will work on a full-time basis and be located in office of the STEP. She/he is expected to travel to the field for project activities.
QUALIFICATIONS AND WORK EXPERIENCES
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, journalism, communications or political/social sciences
- 2-3 years’ experience in working with top-tier global broadcast, print and online media
- Experience in creating quality content for media, including excellent writing and editing skills in English
- Experience working in a multicultural and multinational environment.
- Knowledge of the UN issues related to sustainable development and sustainable use of natural resources.
- Excellent writing and editing skills in English, fluency in French is highly desirable
- Strong communication skills
- Good ability to communicate in English
Interested candidates are invited to submit the following documents/information to demonstrate their relevant qualifications and experience:
- 01 Statement of Interests
- 01 Updated Curriculum Vitae, showing clearly the relevant work experience related to the position and contact information of 2 references.
- Deadline for the application submission will be 15 March 2023
- Selected candidate must be signed our PSEA Policy, Anti-Harassment Policy, Code of Conduct and undertaking.
- Applications should be sent via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or apply online: www.step.org.pk