Internship Opportunity in our Translations Department – S&P Global
The Location: Islamabad
The Team: You will join a very collegial and professional global team, where you will be able to collaborate and exchange domain knowledge and expertise in the department in order to provide the highest level of support to the workflow and department as a whole.
The Impact: Your position will be critical to support the Translations workflow as it would be directly linked with the department’s KPIs and its performance in comparison to other content teams in the company.
What’s in it for you: This position will help gain a hand’s on experience with world class formatting and translation tools which are widely used in different multi-national companies. Also, you will get an opportunity to work with your colleagues located around the globe.
• Conversion of text or image native financial documents into editable and usable files for further document processing.
• Selecting formatting, such as the size and style of type, column width and spacing in financial tables.
• Conducts layout, copy fitting, proofing and posting of financial information.
• Checks that the final product meets appropriate specifications and quality standards.
• Daily reporting of work performed during the day in the reporting tools
• Timely and appropriate response to mails from co-workers (peers), seniors & managers
• Demonstrates aptitude for learning new technologies
What we’re looking for:
• Proficiency in Microsoft office (Word, excel )
• Knowledge of conversion and OCR tools/software (ABBYY, BCL etc.)
• Basic proficiency with graphics and publishing software.
• Experience of typing and/or typesetting documents
• fresh – 1 year experience in related field.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Any graduation degree or diploma
• Work Schedule/Travel/On Call, etc.: No travel is required.
• Flexible about making shift adjustments and willingness to work the night shift is a must.
Interested candidates are kindly requested to submit their profiles via email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than August 10 2023.