Presentation of the mission
|Special Talent Exchange Program||Project Officer|
|Funding Organization||United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA)|
|Objective of the Project||Strengthened capacity of public sector and civil society partners to advance gender equality and prevent and respond to gender-based violence in development and humanitarian settings|
|Duration||July 2022 – December 2022|
|Place of the project:||Islamabad – Pakistan|
|Deadline||15 May 2022|
Presentation of the context
Special Talent Exchange Program (STEP) for better, more inclusive policies that adequately and systematically address the needs and rights of persons with disabilities. STEP advocacy strategy on inclusive development concentrates on strengthening the inclusion of persons with disabilities particularly focusing on women and girls with disabilities facing double discrimination, sexual harassment, and gender-based violence. STEP’s advocacy is embedded in the 2030 Agenda on Sustainable Development and its “Leave no one behind” principles, as well as in the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (UNCRPD). STEP with UNFPA support aims at providing evidence, analyses, and recommendations to policymakers to help them implement the commitments they have made and the legal human rights obligations they are accountable for evidence show that the current COVID-19 pandemic has increased the risks and vulnerabilities of y women and girls with disabilities, which include:
- Double discrimination as a result of their gender inequalities and disability= women and girls with disabilities face increase vulnerability including violence.
- The breakdown of economic structures, health care, family and community support, educational opportunities, housing, transportation, and other infrastructures increases the vulnerability of women and girls with disabilities. They may find it harder to flee or be left behind, making them more vulnerable to attack.
- The loss of assistive devices, caregivers, and protection networks as a result of lockdown makes women and girls with disabilities more dependent on others and at greater risk of exploitation.
- The affected women and girls with disabilities face increased levels of sexual and gender-based violence in and out of the home, especially those with intellectual and mental disabilities.
- This is a result of factors such as stigma and discrimination, being seen as ‘easy targets, extreme poverty, social exclusion and isolation, loss of protective mechanisms, and limited mobility. Women and girls with disabilities are also largely excluded from gender-based violence prevention programs, including the variety of women’s empowerment initiatives aiming to break the cycle of vulnerability to violence.
As a result, STEP together with UNFPA, support aims to provide tele-psychosocial and GBV referral services to women and girls with disabilities. To this end, STEP is seeking the services of a senior consultant for the capacity building of PSS and GBV referral counselors.
- Project Officer (PO) is responsible to implement the project activities in close coordination with project manager
- Prepare monthly and weekly work plan
- Manage and supervise project activities through project life cycle
- Interact with project funding UNFPA to develop understanding of key deliverables of projects
- Represent Organisation in monthly progress review meeting with funding UNFPA
- Provide phasing and scheduling of project
- Participate in development of project regarding program activities
- Participate in the development and issuance of project procedures.
- To coordinate and ensure timely completion of reports.
- To help facilitate project-related meetings, including devising of agendas.
- To actively manage project reports to ensure reports are delivered within time.
- To document activities and report to communicate project findings and activities
- Ensure to implement child safeguarding/protection policy and Code of Conduct of Organisation.
- To operate within organizational policies and practices.
- To provide technical and management support to project team
- Any other task assigned by Organisation President
How to Apply
You can send your profiles and cover letter to the email address below.