Call for Applications – Individual/Firm
Project: Gender Equality
Implementing Partner: Special Talent Exchange Program
Funding Organization: United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA)
Objective of the Project: Strengthening GBV referral pathways/system with service providers for women with disabilities. Establishing psychosocial support system, and advocacy for policy reform to mitigate GBV against women with disabilities.
Time of the Consultancy: June – July 2023
Place of the project: Islamabad – Pakistan
Special Talent Exchange Program (STEP) is non-profit organization), works for better, more inclusive policies that adequately and systematically address the needs and rights of persons with disabilities. STEP advocates for disability inclusive evidence generation, laws, policies, programmes and services through strengthening the inclusion of persons with disabilities particularly focusing on women and girls with disabilities facing double discrimination, sexual harassment, and gender-based violence. STEP’s advocacy is embedded in the 2030 Agenda on Sustainable Development and its “Leave no one behind” principles, as well as in the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (UNCRPD).
The project is for expert individuals/firms having strong background working on gender-based violence, and women empowerment, particularly with people with disabilities. The individuals’ expert/firm having expertise and experience in developing guidelines for referral pathways /system would be preferred.
TERMS OF REFERENCES:
Following are the specific TORs and list of Deliverables
- 10- Case Studies production, based on the provided material
- Review the provided material on psychosocial support interventions.
- Identify and select 10 relevant case studies based on the material.
- Prepare well-structured case studies, ensuring confidentiality and anonymity.
- Present the case studies in a comprehensive and engaging manner.
- Incorporate feedback from STEP and finalize the case studies.
- 10-Mentoring Sessions of Psychosocial Support worker
- Assess the needs and gaps of psychosocial support workers based on their current competencies.
- Develop a mentoring plan outlining the areas for improvement and specific objectives.
- Conduct 10 mentoring sessions with psychosocial support workers team members
- Provide guidance, advice, and resources to enhance their understanding and application of psychosocial support techniques.
- 01-Refresher training of Psychosocial Support worker
- Conduct a training needs assessment to identify gaps and areas requiring improvement.
- Develop a training module and materials based on the identified needs.
- Deliver a 01-day refresher training session for psychosocial support workers.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the training through pre- and post-assessments.
- 03- Consultation Sessions with GBV Service Providers
- Identify key GBV service providers in the areas Islamabad, Lahore and Peshawar
- Facilitate the exercises of consultation sessions with GBV service providers.
- Create an inclusive environment for open discussions and information sharing.
- Identify potential guidelines for development of GBV referral pathway and system
- Document the discussions, including key points and recommendations.
- 01-Referral Pathways Development based on the findings of consultation sessions
- Analyze the information gathered from the consultation sessions
- Identify gaps and challenges in the current referral systems.
- Develop comprehensive referral pathways, including clear guidelines and procedures for referring women with disabilities to GBV services.
- Incorporate feedback and recommendations from GBV service providers.
- 01- Referral System/Policy based on the findings of consultation sessions
- Review and summaries of the consultation sessions findings with GBV service providers.
- Analyze the identified challenges, gaps, and recommendations regarding the current referral system.
- Identify common themes and recurring issues related to the referral process.
- Consider the specific needs and concerns of different stakeholders involved in the referral process.
- Develop realistic and practical referral system/policy for women with disabilities to have easy access to GBV services.
- The interested individuals/firm should be a tax registered local firm with at least 03 years of experience, leading GBV project/assignment particularly in context of people with disabilities.
- The individuals/firm should have qualified, experienced and adequate staff/expertise, equipment, office space and other related resources for the assignment.
Technical proposals for the whole assignment along with sealed financial proposal must be submitted following address along with the relevant qualifications and experience:
- Technical proposals for the whole assignment along with sealed financial proposal.
- Deadline for the application submission will be 5th July 2023
- Selected candidate must be signed our PSEA Policy, Anti-Harassment Policy, Code of Conduct and undertaking.
- Applications should be sent via following mailing address with the title of “Submission for Individual/Firm”:
House 27, Street 09, Sector G-13/3, Islamabad.